FRIENDLY, TEXAS. Friendly is on Farm Road 314 fourteen miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. It had a local school that had an enrollment of fifty in 1906 and was consolidated with the Van Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 there were scattered dwellings at the townsite and a church and the Watts black school within a mile, but by 1987 only a town hall and scattered dwellings remained at the site. The community still existed in 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "FRIENDLY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf63), accessed July 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.