FRIENDSHIP, TX (LEON COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Leon County). Friendship was a small rural community located near the junction of Farm roads 1146 and 1469 about eight miles west of Jewett in the northwestern corner of Leon County. Settlement probably began by the 1870s, and the Hull, Ramshay, Ellis, and Thomas families were among the early residents. Marked headstones in the Friendship Cemetery date back to 1871. In the late 1800s and early 1900s a building served as both a church and school in the community, and the church was shown on highway maps of the 1930s. By the late twentieth century the building was no longer standing. All that remained of the rural community was the cemetery. The settlement of Friendship in northwestern Leon County is not to be confused with another community by the same name located five miles south of Jewett.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Laurie E. Jasinski, "FRIENDSHIP, TX (LEON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrf67), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.