FRYAR, TEXAS. Fryar was twelve miles from Waco and five from Harrison in eastern McLennan County. A post office was established there in December 1891 with Frank Dunklin as postmaster. In 1892 a community general store served as a supply point for area farmers and ranchers. The post office was discontinued in 1894, and mail for the community was rerouted through Riesel. Fryar was not shown on county highway maps in the 1930s.
Dayton Kelley, ed., The Handbook of Waco and McLennan County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1972). William Robert Poage, McLennan County Before 1980 (Waco: Texian, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "FRYAR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfbq), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.