FARMINGTON, TX (LA SALLE COUNTY)
FARMINGTON, TEXAS (La Salle County). Farmington, 2½ miles northwest of Artesia Wells in west central La Salle County, was one of many new settlements that grew up in the county during the early 1900s when irrigation opened additional land to farming. The community was established in 1909, and a post office operated there from 1910 to 1911. Farmington was still shown on county maps in 1948.
Annette Martin Ludeman, La Salle: La Salle County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.John Leffler, "FARMINGTON, TX (LA SALLE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfck), accessed June 17, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.