FRENCH, TEXAS. French, on Farm Road 667 some sixteen miles west of Corsicana in western Navarro County, was probably established in the 1880s. A post office may have operated there from 1888 to 1889. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The church was later disbanded, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses were left in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FRENCH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfgu), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.