FARR, TEXAS. Farr was near Hog Creek six miles northeast of Crawford in northwestern McLennan County. A post office operated there from 1892 to 1902, when mail was sent to Crawford. Sarah J. Walker was Farr's first postmaster. In 1896 the community had a general store operated by F. S. Ewing. Farr became the focus of a common school district in 1901 but was consolidated with the Walnut Grove district in 1905. The settlement was not shown on county highway maps in the 1940s.
Martin Luther Bannister, The Historical Development of the Public School System of McLennan County (M.A. thesis, Baylor University, 1945). Dayton Kelley, ed., The Handbook of Waco and McLennan County, Texas (Waco: Texian, 1972).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "FARR, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfld), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.