FRIENDSHIP, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Upshur County). Friendship, also known as Friendship School, is on State Highway 155 four miles northeast of Gilmer in north central Upshur County. It was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community, known as Friendship School, had a school, a church, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was consolidated with those of Gilmer, and by the mid-1960s all that remained of Friendship was a church and a few scattered houses. In 1990 Friendship was a dispersed rural community. The population was twenty-five in 2000.