FRIENDSHIP, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Lamar County). Friendship, also known as Barnett, is on Hickory Creek at the intersection of Farm Road 1497 and a dirt road, 1½ miles south of Biardstown in southern Lamar County. By the mid-1930s the settlement had the Barnett School, a business, and a cluster of dwellings. By 1957 its school had been consolidated into the Delmar Independent School District. Maps in the early 1980s showed two churches, two cemeteries, and a business at Friendship.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "FRIENDSHIP, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfvu), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.