FRIENDSHIP, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Cherokee County). Friendship, off Farm Road 747 nineteen miles northwest of Rusk in northwestern Cherokee County, was probably settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1896, when it had an enrollment of twenty-five. In the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. The school was later closed, and in the early 1990s only a church and cemetery remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FRIENDSHIP, TX (CHEROKEE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfwa), accessed August 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.