FRIENDSHIP, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
FRIENDSHIP, TEXAS (Trinity County). Friendship was off Farm Road 358 twelve miles north of Groveton in north central Trinity County. It was first established around the time of the Civil War. During the 1870s members of the Reese family moved there and established a combination sawmill, gristmill, and cotton gin and donated land for a school. The school continued to operate until 1939, when it was consolidated with the Pennington schools. Most of the remaining Friendship residents moved away after World War II. In the mid-1980s Friendship was still identified on state highway maps.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986). Marker Files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FRIENDSHIP, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfwk), accessed August 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.