FLAT PRAIRIE, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
FLAT PRAIRIE, TEXAS (Trinity County). Flat Prairie is just off Farm Road 2781 ten miles northwest of Groveton in north central Trinity County. A school was established there before 1899, and the Flat Prairie Congregational Methodist Church was organized in 1912. The community school was later consolidated with that of Pennington. In the mid-1930s Flat Prairie had the church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. In the early 1990s Flat Prairie was still a dispersed rural community with an active church. The population was thirty-three in 2000.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "FLAT PRAIRIE, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrfxq), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.