GALLE, TEXAS. Galle, near Farm roads 1339 and 3353 and twelve miles northeast of Seguin in northern Guadalupe County, was named for Frederick Galle, who built a house in the area in 1882. A post office opened at Galle in 1909 and closed in 1914, when the community had a general store and a population of fifty. Its population fell to ten in 1933 but rose to forty in 1945 and to eighty by 1988. The Galle population continued to be reported as eighty in the early 1990s. The Galle population continued to be reported as eighty in the early 1990s, but in 2000 the population was 130.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "GALLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg04), accessed August 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.