GENEVIEW, TEXAS. Geneview is on Farm Road 1263 twelve miles north of Aspermont in north central Stonewall County. A post office was established there in July 1923, with Gertie E. Massey as postmaster. Its name was selected from a list sent by the postal department. Early businesses at Geneview included a general store and a blacksmith shop. Although its post office was moved to Aspermont in August 1935, Geneview reported a population of fifty and two businesses as late as the mid-1940s. The 1980 county highway map showed a cemetery called Mount Olive near the Geneview townsite. In 2000 the population was six.
Arthur Hecht, comp., Postal History in the Texas Panhandle (Canyon, Texas: Panhandle-Plains Historical Society, 1960). A History of Stonewall County (Aspermont, Texas: Stonewall County Historical Commission, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "GENEVIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg08), accessed August 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.