GINSITE, TEXAS. Ginsite is on Farm Road 2278 and Buck Creek, seven miles southwest of Paducah in southwestern Cottle County. The small farming settlement was established in 1901 with the name of Willett. When a post office was granted in 1908, with Jessie G. Dulaney as postmaster, the town's name was changed to Ginsite, after the nearby Walling gin. The post office was discontinued in 1909, reinstated in 1911, then moved permanently to Paducah in 1914. Ginsite reported a population of fifty from the 1930s until the 1960s. It also had two stores. The 1984 county highway map showed Ginsite's location but did not indicate any businesses. Harmony Cemetery is at a site south of the community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "GINSITE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg14), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.