GREENOCK, TEXAS. Greenock, near Farm Road 2490 about ten miles northeast of Valley Mills and twenty-three miles northwest of Waco in southeastern Bosque County, had a post office from January 1, 1882 to June 6, 1916. A general store had opened there by 1892, and during the 1890s a school was organized; it was used until about 1916. During this period, Greenock also had a separate school for black children. The community's estimated population was between twenty and thirty-five in the late 1800s, after which no population figures were available.
Bosque County History Book Committee, Bosque County, Land and People (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "GREENOCK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg34), accessed November 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.