GLENMORE, TEXAS. Glenmore was a dispersed rural community near the site of Goodfellow Air Force Base and across the South Concho River from San Angelo in central Tom Green County. It was probably settled before 1900. The local school had fifty pupils in 1933, but the Glenmore community's population probably never surpassed 100. By 1936 the community had become part of metropolitan San Angelo and was no longer identified on the county highway map.
Julia Grace Bitner, The History of Tom Green County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1931). Clarence George Parsons, Proposed Plan for the Reorganization of the Schools in Tom Green County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1939).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "GLENMORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg44), accessed December 06, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.