GRAY, TEXAS. Gray is at the intersection of State Highway 49 and Farm Road 727, sixteen miles east of Jefferson in eastern Marion County. In 1938 the community had a four-room schoolhouse that accommodated forty-five elementary school students and two teachers. The school was consolidated with the Jefferson schools by 1955, and in 1962 Gray had a church and scattered dwellings. In 1983 there were several businesses on the highway in the area of the community.
Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "GRAY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg54), accessed March 08, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.