GOODWIN, TEXAS. Goodwin is on Farm Road 1277 twelve miles southwest of San Augustine in western San Augustine County. In 1940 the community comprised a school, two businesses, and scattered dwellings. By the 1980s Goodwin consisted of a number of dwellings and one business.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "GOODWIN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg56), accessed July 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.