GLOYNA, TEXAS. Gloyna (Gloyna School) is on State Highway 21 2½ miles northeast of Lincoln in central Lee County. The first settlers in the area arrived just after the Civil War, and the community was named for early resident Christian Gloyna. The settlement's only business was a cotton gin, operated by William Hannes sometime around 1900. Fedor Soder, who lived in nearby Fedor, donated land for a school and cemetery for Gloyna. For a time community church services were held in the school. In the mid-1930s Gloyna had the school, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings. Its school district had been consolidated into several other school districts by the early 1950s. In the 1980s Gloyna was a dispersed rural community, and only the cemetery marked its site.
Lee County Historical Survey Committee, A History of Lee County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GLOYNA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrg63), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.