GLOVER, TEXAS. Glover (Glover School) is 1½ miles southwest of Augusta off Farm Road 227 in northeastern Houston County. The settlement grew up around a school established after 1900. In the mid-1930s the predominantly black community comprised the school, a church, and a large number of houses. Although after World War II many of the residents moved away, in the early 1990s a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses were still in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GLOVER, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgbc), accessed September 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.