GLASS, TX (BASTROP COUNTY)
GLASS, TEXAS (Bastrop County). Glass, sixteen miles southwest of Bastrop in southwestern Bastrop County, received a post office in 1890; Joseph S. Miller was postmaster. By the mid-1890s the community had two grocery stores, a corn mill and gin, a Baptist church, and fifty residents. The Glass post office closed in 1899. In the late 1940s no evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps.
Bill Moore, Bastrop County, 1691–1900 (Wichita Falls: Nortex, 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "GLASS, TX (BASTROP COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgbe), accessed February 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.