GOULD, TEXAS. Gould is at the junction of Farm roads 2064 and 2750, eighteen miles north of Rusk in northern Cherokee County. The settlement was evidently founded in the mid-1870s as a stop on the newly built International-Great Northern railroad. A post office operated there from 1905 to 1918, and by 1914 the community had a sawmill, a general store, and a population of eighty. The store operated until the 1930s but was closed by World War II. In the early 1990s Gould was a dispersed community. The population was listed as twenty in 2000.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GOULD, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgge), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.