GOODLOW, TEXAS. Goodlow, on State Highway 309 just south of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, was established around 1900 on land belonging to Harry Goodlow. In the mid-1930s the primarily black community had two churches, two schools, and a number of houses. After World War II the Goodlow schools were consolidated with the Kerens schools, but the community continued to grow. Goodlow incorporated in 1978 after the city of Kerens refused to annex it. Goodlow's estimated population in 1987 was 343, and in 1993 it was 405. In the early 1990s the community had several businesses and a number of houses. By 2000 the population had dropped to 264.
Austin American-Statesman, October 17, 1993.