GWYNN, TEXAS. Gwynn was seventy miles southwest of San Angelo in southwestern Schleicher County. A post office was established there in 1888 with James B. Taylor as postmaster. The community had a general store in the early 1890s and received mail by special supply. Its post office was discontinued in 1892. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps by the 1940s.
Schleicher County Historical Society, A History of Schleicher County (San Angelo: Anchor, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "GWYNN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgqf), accessed October 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.