GEROME, TEXAS. Gerome, eight miles south of Chandler in eastern Henderson County, had a post office from 1901 to 1904. After 1900 a gin and church were in the area, but by the mid-1930s the settlement was no longer shown on maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained there.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GEROME, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgxg), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.