GRUBBE, TEXAS. Grubbe, also known as Grubbs, a farming community off State Highway 154 twelve miles south of Sulphur Springs in southern Hopkins County, originated before 1900. A school was operating there around the turn of the century and in 1905 had an enrollment of forty-nine. In the mid-1930s Grubbe had a church, a school, and a number of scattered houses. After World War II most of its residents moved away. Its school was consolidated with the Sulphur Springs school district, and by the early 1960s all that remained of the community was a few houses. In the late 1980s Grubbe was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "GRUBBE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrgxm), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.