HARTS CAMP, TX
HARTS CAMP, TEXAS. Harts (Hart) Camp is at the intersection of Farm roads 37 and 168, north of Blackwater Draw, twelve miles south of Olton, and seven miles north of Spade in east central Lamb County. R. C. Hopping established the town in 1927 as a speculative venture, and by 1930 it had a school, a gin, a blacksmith shop, and two stores. Several businesses and a church were reported there in 1964, but by 1968 the school building was being used to store grain. The community was shown on county highway maps in the 1980s. The 2000 census reported a population of eight.
Evalyn Parrott Scott, A History of Lamb County (Sudan, Texas: Lamb County Historical Commission, 1968).