HAYNIE FLAT, TX
HAYNIE FLAT, TEXAS. Haynie Flat, a school district and voting precinct, was along the Austin-Burnet road in Travis County, beginning at Turner Crossing on the Pedernales River and running northwest along the road. A school opened there in 1879 and was named for the site's donor. There was no organized community, but the school at Haynie Flat served thirty-five area students in 1907. The school and a cemetery were shown on county highway maps in the 1940s. No population was reported in 2000. Haynie Flat Road in western Travis County served as a reminder of the school settlement.
Mary Starr Barkley, History of Travis County and Austin, 1839–1899 (Waco: Texian Press, 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Claudia Hazlewood, "HAYNIE FLAT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh22), accessed December 09, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.