HICKORY CREEK, TX (HUNT COUNTY)
HICKORY CREEK, TEXAS (Hunt County). Hickory Creek is at the intersection of Farm roads 272 and 816, twelve miles northwest of Greenville in north central Hunt County. It was settled in the 1870s and developed around a cotton gin, gristmill, and general store operated by W. F. Felty. Twenty-five people lived there by 1890, and Hickory Creek had a post office from 1879 to 1903. A local school district was established by 1910. Hickory Creek's only population statistics in the twentieth century—those for the 1930s and 1940s—report fifty residents there. The 1987 county highway map showed a community hall at Hickory Creek. No population figures were available for the community in 2004.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Brian Hart, "HICKORY CREEK, TX (HUNT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh31), accessed September 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.