HUB, TEXAS. Hub is at the junction of State highways 86 and 214, ten miles east of Bovina in central Parmer County. The name reflects the town's image that everything goes outward from it as from the hub of a wagon wheel. In 1925 the imposing Syndicate Hotel, meant to accommodate prospective land buyers, was constructed on the Ozark Trail east of Hub. It closed as a business in 1931 but was later purchased by the Friona American League chapter and moved to Hub. In the 1980s Hub had seven businesses, including two cotton gins and a grain elevator. A community hall was located on Highway 214 just south of the junction. In 2000 the population was twenty-five.
Parmer County Historical Society, A History of Parmer County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1974). Fred Tarpley, 1001 Texas Place Names (Austin: University of Texas Press, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "HUB, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh51), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.