HARMAN, TEXAS. Harman, twenty miles southwest of Gatesville in southwestern Coryell County, was named for a Harman family who came to the area in the 1870s. Land for the local church and school was given by Milton and Lou Thompson Harmon (or Harman). The community's school had fifty-six students and one teacher in 1904. A post office called Bain served the community from 1902 until it was discontinued in 1908; local mail was then sent to Copperas Cove. Harman was not shown on the 1986 county highway map.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986). John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HARMAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh66), accessed August 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.