HUBBARD, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)
HUBBARD, TEXAS (Coryell County). Hubbard was six miles from the Friendship-Ruth crossroads in southeastern Coryell County. In its heyday, Hubbard had a grocery store, a gas station, a blacksmith, and a two-teacher school. Its residents were forced to move when the Fort Hood military reservation was established in the area during the early 1940s. Only the Hubbard cemetery marked the townsite in the 1980s.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "HUBBARD, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrh70), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.