HALLS STORE, TX
HALLS STORE, TEXAS. Halls Store, on the Louisiana state line off U.S. Highway 79, twenty miles northeast of Carthage in northeastern Panola County, was established after the Civil War. In 1897 the community's school had an enrollment of thirty-six. During the mid-1930s Halls Store had several businesses and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a few scattered houses, a store, a church, and a cemetery still remained in the area. In the early 1990s Halls Store was a dispersed rural community.
Leila B. LaGrone, ed., History of Panola County (Carthage, Texas: Panola County Historical Commission, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HALLS STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhav), accessed August 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.