HAGERVILLE, TEXAS. Hagerville, on Hager Creek near Farm Road 357 sixteen miles southeast of Crockett in southeastern Houston County, was established before 1890 and was named for early settler James M. Hager. It had a post office from 1891 to 1906. By 1892 it had a Baptist church, as well as a school, a blacksmith, a shoemaker, and a general store. Hagerville's population in 1896 was estimated as thirty. By the mid-1930s only a church and a number of scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Hagerville was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was seventy.
Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HAGERVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhcf), accessed May 22, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.