HARMONY, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)
HARMONY, TEXAS (Nacogdoches County). Harmony, on State Highway 7 eight miles southwest of Nacogdoches in southwestern Nacogdoches County, was established before 1900. By 1904 it had two schools, one with seventy-two black students and one with fifty-seven white. A post office operated in the community's general store from 1911 to 1919. In the mid-1930s Harmony had the two schools, as well as two stores and a number of houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, but as late as the mid-1960s the site still had a store, a church, and a number of scattered houses. The 1983 county highway map showed a business at Harmony, with a church and cemetery nearby.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HARMONY, TX (NACOGDOCHES COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhgh), accessed November 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.