HARRIS VALLEY, TX
HARRIS VALLEY, TEXAS. Harris Valley, originally known as Bolton Switch, was 2½ miles northwest of Los Angeles on the San Antonio, Uvalde and Gulf Railroad in north central La Salle County. The community was named for a Harris family who owned land in the area. Harris Valley was probably founded about 1917, when it was granted a post office. At the height of its development, probably in the 1920s, the community included a number of small dwellings and a railroad depot, cotton gin, and food store. Its post office closed in 1925, but Harris Valley was shown on county maps as late as 1948.
Annette Martin Ludeman, La Salle: La Salle County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.John Leffler, "HARRIS VALLEY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhjg), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.