HAPPY LANDING, TX
HAPPY LANDING, TEXAS. Happy Landing is on Farm Road 139 fourteen miles northeast of Center in eastern Shelby County. The site was settled by 1900, and by the 1930s the small settlement had a church, a school, and a number of houses. The school closed around the time of World War II, but in the early 1990s a church and a few scattered houses remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "HAPPY LANDING, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhml), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.