HILLENDAHL, TEXAS. Hillendahl, on U.S. Highway 59 and the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railroad west of Hedwig Village in west central Harris County, was named for a local family. A post office, established in 1885, closed briefly in 1903 and was discontinued in 1912, when mail was delivered from Addicks. In 1907 the local school had forty-three pupils and three teachers. By the 1980s the site had an abandoned railroad station and was called Hennessey.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "HILLENDAHL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhmw), accessed August 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.