HOOVER, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)
HOOVER, TEXAS (Lamar County). Hoover is on dirt and gravel roads between Mustang and Brushy creeks three miles east of Pattonville and three miles north of Deport in extreme eastern Lamar County. The Hoover post office opened in 1897 and closed in 1905. The 1936 county highway map identified Hoover, the Hoovertown School, and two businesses at the site. By 1957 the school had been consolidated into the Deport Independent School District. In 1964 Hoover had a few scattered dwellings. It was still shown on the 1983 county highway map.
Thomas S. Justiss, An Administrative Survey of the Schools of Lamar County with a Plan for Their Reorganization (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vista K. McCroskey, "HOOVER, TX (LAMAR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrhnc), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.