IVY, TEXAS. Ivy, also known as Odell, was a farming and logging settlement seven miles northeast of Homer in east central Angelina County. A post office opened there in 1886, and by the early 1890s Ivy had a gristmill and cotton gin, a grocery, and a drugstore. The name of the post office was changed to Odell in 1900, but a few months later the post office was discontinued. By the 1930s the town was no longer shown on maps.
Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "IVY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hriyq), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.