JACKSON, TX (MARION COUNTY)
JACKSON, TEXAS (Marion County). Jackson is on the south shore of Lake O' the Pines on Farm Road 726 thirteen miles southwest of Jefferson in southwestern Marion County. In 1938 it had a four-room schoolhouse that accommodated sixty-six students and three teachers. In 1962 the community had several scattered roadside dwellings and the Jackson community building, a mile north of the road. In 1983 Jackson had two businesses and a church.
Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "JACKSON, TX (MARION COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrj23), accessed December 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.