JULIAN, TEXAS. Julian, twelve miles east of Crockett in east central Houston County, was established in the mid-1880s. A post office opened there in 1885; G. W. Julian, after whom the town was named, was the postmaster. At its height in the mid-1890s, the small settlement had a sawmill, a physician, a justice of the peace, and an estimated population of twenty-five. The post office closed in 1901, and by the mid-1930s Julian was no longer shown on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "JULIAN, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrjxp), accessed September 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.