KEITH, TX (TOM GREEN COUNTY)
KEITH, TEXAS (Tom Green County). Keith was in southeastern Tom Green County. It was likely settled before 1900 and may have taken its name from Seaton Keith, who raised Scots Hereford cattle on his Lipan Springs Ranch nearby. Keith owned Lipan Springs for a time but sold it to W. C. Barrons in 1910. In 1933 the local school had a teacher, and attendance averaged six pupils. By 1936 the community no longer appeared on state highway maps.
Julia Grace Bitner, The History of Tom Green County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1931). Clarence George Parsons, Proposed Plan for the Reorganization of the Schools in Tom Green County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1939).