LEAGUEVILLE, TEXAS. Leagueville, at the intersection of Farm roads 607 and 317, eight miles east of Athens in eastern Henderson County, became a village about 1890. In 1900 it reported a post office, a school, a church, and a population of less than 100. The post office closed in 1907, and the population dropped to fifty in 1910. In 1930 Leagueville had one business and a population of twenty-five. The 1936 state highway maps showed a church, two businesses, and scattered dwellings, but the school had been abandoned. In 2000 the population was thirty-two.
J. J. Faulk, History of Henderson County (Athens, Texas: Athens Review Printing, 1929).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.L. Michael Davis, "LEAGUEVILLE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl20), accessed September 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.