LITTLE ST. LOUIS, TX
LITTLE ST. LOUIS, TEXAS. Little St. Louis was a DeWitt County community a mile north of Yorktown, an area settled predominantly by Germans. Fred Geffert opened a dance hall at the site on the highway to Davy; by 1948 the hall had been discontinued, but in 1962 the locale still had a grocery and service station. Little St. Louis was not shown on the 1965 county highway map. The town never had a post office. About a mile south of Yorktown, Herman Gruenewald opened another dance hall, which became known as Little Milwaukee. This site was abandoned by 1962.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nellie Murphree, "LITTLE ST. LOUIS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl31), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.