LONNIE, TEXAS. Lonnie (Lonie) is in the ranching area just north of the Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River in central Childress County, on land once owned by the Diamond Tail Ranch. The settlement had its own post office from 1909 to 1913. In 1946 Lonnie had a population of ten. In 1987 a Lonnie community hall was located on a county road just east of U.S. highways 62 and 83.
Arthur Hecht, comp., Postal History in the Texas Panhandle (Canyon, Texas: Panhandle-Plains Historical Society, 1960).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ida Howard Taylor, "LONNIE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl43), accessed August 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.