LUSK, TEXAS. Lusk is on U.S. Highway 183 three miles southeast of Woodson and one mile north of the Stephens county line in southeast Throckmorton County. A post office was established there on May 12, 1900, with Lucie E. Lusk as postmistress. The population, fifty in 1929, had dropped by 1936 to twenty. In 1936 the town had two businesses. Only one business was reported during the 1940s and 1950s, and the post office was closed about 1954. Lusk appeared on county maps of the 1980s as a rural settlement. In 2000 the population was ten.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "LUSK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl48), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.