LITTLE FLOCK, TX
LITTLE FLOCK, TEXAS. Little Flock is a farming community on Little Elm Creek three miles east of Temple in eastern Bell County. The community, named for the biblical text in Luke 12:32, was the site in the 1860s of a gristmill, a cotton gin, a Primitive Baptist church, and a cemetery. Sunshine Church moved to the community from another location in 1879. Little Flock also hosted an annual camp meeting for seven different congregations in the later nineteenth century. In 1903 the Little Flock School had fifty-three pupils and two teachers. Little Flock remained a small community and had two churches, scattered dwellings, the school, and the cemetery in 1948. In 1974 only a single church and a few dwellings remained there.
Marker Files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin. Wilma Buster and Frank Zatopek, comps., Little Flock Cemetery (Kilgore?, Texas, 1982).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "LITTLE FLOCK, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl71), accessed January 30, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.