LOGAN, TX (MARION COUNTY)
LOGAN, TEXAS (Marion County). Logan, also known as Logan Chapel, is in eastern Marion County ten miles northeast of Jefferson on State Highway 49. In 1938 the community had a two-room schoolhouse that accommodated fifty-eight black elementary students and two teachers. The school was consolidated with those of Jefferson by 1955. In the 1960s Logan consisted of a community hall, a church, a business, and several scattered dwellings. A second church, called Shady Grove, was located about half a mile west of Logan. The 1983 county highway map showed Logan with a church, a community hall, a business, and the Shady Grove church about half a mile down the road.
Jack Reed Harvey, Survey and Proposed Reorganization of the Marion County Schools (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "LOGAN, TX (MARION COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl78), accessed May 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.