LOVELESS, TEXAS. Loveless was eleven miles southeast of Eden in southeastern Concho County. It was named for the A. C. Loveless family, which came to Concho County in 1901 and had a ranch in the vicinity. In 1936 the settlement had a school, a cemetery, and a few scattered buildings. In 1940 the school, which encompassed grades one through seven, had one teacher and an average daily attendance of seven students. By 1955 the school had been consolidated with the Eden school district. By 1963 only the cemetery remained in Loveless.
Hazie LeFevre, Concho County History: 1858–1958 (2 vols., Eden, Texas, 1959). Vernon Lee Rucker, A Proposed Reorganization of the Concho County, Texas, Public Schools (M.Ed. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary M. Standifer, "LOVELESS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrl93), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.